Sometimes Windows fails to install the correct USB drivers for communications with Android phones.
If you have
problems, please try the following:
- Download USBDeview from here.
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
- While the phone is
still plugged in, open USBDeview and sort by manufacturer.
- Find all the
HTC drivers and delete them.
- Unplug the phone from the USB cable and plug it back in.
correct drivers should either install automatically or prompt you to install a driver.
- Download the latest drivers from here.
- Unzip usb_driver.zip and specify the extracted location in the install driver dialog.
- Run the Internet Sharer Wizard or
- Go to
Devices (Device Manager for older versions of Windows) then click on the "Android Phone".
- Click on the
Hardware tab, and check the list of drivers for ADB Interface under
If you still have problems (and you are feeling patient) you might like to read through this page
for some ideas.