To automate the following instructions, consider purchasing the Internet
This app will do everything except install the driver for your specific phone.
Android SDK for Windows.
- Unzip to your hard disk.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging (Tick)
- Attach your phone using the USB cable.
- Windows may popup the Found New Hardware Wizard.
Follow the instructions here to install the USB Driver.
The standard driver can be downloaded by launching "android" in the tools directory of the Android SDK.
If you have problems, see section below.
- Open a command window. (Start, Run, Type cmd).
- Navigate to the tools directory of the SDK.
- Type adb forward tcp:1080 tcp:1080
- Configure web browsers and Internet applications to use a SOCKS proxy server on localhost port 1080.
Repeat steps 4 and 6 to 9 whenever you need to access the Internet through your phone.
Please read the USB Driver Issues