Adding port forwards
- Press Menu.
- Choose Add port forward.
- Specify the remote host and port of the server to forward connections to.
- Specify a local port on the phone.
- Use the debugger to forward local connections to phone.
e.g adb forward tcp:1234
- Configure the application to connect to localhost and the local port specified.
e.g. ssh -p 1234 mike@localhost
Internet Sharer can be configured to forward multiple ports. However, upon restart only the most recent will be remembered.
HTTPS in Firefox
To access secure websites you must use the SOCKS proxy. Firefox may not
be able to resolve names when using the SOCKS proxy. To fix this issue
you need to route DNS through the proxy. This can be done as follows:
- Type about:config into the address bar.
- Find the property network.proxy.socks_remote_dns.
- Set to true.
- Restart Firefox.
HTTPS in Internet Explorer
If you are having problems accessing secure websites, check you have not
accidentally added an entry to the "Secure" proxy setting. This field
must be left blank, then Internet Explorer will route secure traffic
through the SOCKS proxy.