JADS Digital Signage can be linked to external sources of information.
Content for screens can come from any RSS or image source.
A single announcement can display multiple plain text items.
Enter the URL for the RSS feed in the Remote data
tab when creating an announcement:
Look for the RSS Symbol on pages to incorporate external data into your announcement sequence.
A URL to a remote image can also be used. If the image changes, it will be updated on attached screens.
To display events on a Google Calendar you must obtain the private XML link for the calendar:
This can be found under the Calendars settings.
More support when using Google Apps for Domains will be coming soon!
Remote Data Notes
- JADS Digital Signage will automatically fit text into the available screen area.
- Remote data is refreshed every 10 minutes.
- Complicated formatting is not currently supported.
There is no need to register and create a password for JADS Digital Signage, simply use an existing account setup elsewhere.
For example, use your Google account:
- Any OpenID can be provided in the OpenID text field.
- To link directly from another page, the URL: http://digital-signage.jads.co.uk/autologin?id=[openid] can be used where [openid] is your OpenID.
- More information about OpenID.